HOW WILL THE SCHOOL LET ME KNOW IF THEY HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT MY CHILD’S LEARNING IN SCHOOL?
If your child is then identified as not making progress the school and possibly having special educational needs we will set up a meeting to discuss this with you in more detail and to:
- listen to any concerns you may have too
- complete a ‘Registration of Initial Concern’ form with you
- discuss the possibility of placing your child on the Sen Support Register in School.
- plan any additional support your child may receive. At this point the class teacher may discuss producing a I.E.P. (Individual Education Plan) for your child. The IEP will be reviewed termly in school to make sure we are addressing your child’s SEND needs and enabling him/her to make the best possible progress.
- discuss with you any referrals to outside professionals to support your child’s learning