We have been looking at Art by Maurits Cornelis Escher (1898-1972). He is one of the world's most famous graphic artists. He is most famous for his so called impossible structures. We have been focusing on his work on tessellation. Last week we worked with clay to replicate one of Escher's spheres.
Welcome to Class 7!
We aim for all our pupils in class 7 to become active learners and responsible citizens who are encouraged to: accept opportunities, assume responsibilities and move to the next phase of education with confidence and success. We hope the children follow our example of give everything a go and try your best., we will support you with the rest.
We work hard collaboratively and have lots of wonderful learning opportunities for the Autumn term. Mrs Nuckley and I are here to support you every step of the way and look forward to seeing the work you all produce.
First of all, we have started the school year with our introductory 3D art topic includes learning all about M. C Escher and his talented work. Hopefully some of you completed the home learning and managed to discover some more of his famous work. This topic will allow us to explore his techniques and meanings behind each project as well as learning about the life of him too! I really enjoyed showing our tessellated patterns in clay (both lessons).
In addition to this topic, we shall study Famous Scientists and discover how they changed History! We will delve into the lives of some of the most famous scientists and discover their impact! We will travel through time to explore how each scientist had an impact on the present and future, discussing our thoughts along the way.
For Science we will start off the term by understanding and developing knowledge around Sound! It is here where we will delve into understanding how sound is made and how we can hear it! Other science topics this Autumn will include nutrition for animals and humans. We will Identify skeletons and muscles for support, protection and movement. We will take part in experiments to help us better understand our digestive track and the importance of dental hygiene.
- Our PE days are Mondays and Wednesdays, so please dress accordingly with the correct kits. This means no earrings please and hair tied up!
- Spellings are given out each Friday and tested the following Friday, so don't forget to practise and bring your spelling records each Friday!
- Reading to be done for at least 15 minutes each day if possible. Rewards for more than three reads recoded a week. Bring in your books and reading records on a Friday! Accelerated reader quizzes can be completed at home or at school.
- Weekly homework will start in October this will be handed out on a Monday and need to be returned the following Monday
- All other information and updates can be found on our Class Dojo page.
Welcome to Class 7
We are looking forward this year to doing lots of hard work but also having fun along the way. We will be sharing our hard work and special events here on our class page, so keep looking to see if you can spot your work! Mrs Goulding and Mrs Nuckley will always be on the look out for children who are trying their best and joining in with our learning.