WHO ARE THE BEST PEOPLE TO TALK TO IN THIS SCHOOL ABOUT MY CHILD’S DIFFICULTIES WITH LEARNING/ SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS OR DISABILITY (SEND)?
Mrs H Schofield – School SENDCo – Allocated Sendco Time. Appointments can be made by ringing the School Office on 01226 288679.
School Sendco is responsible for:
- Coordinating all the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
- Ensuring that you as parents are involved in supporting your child’s learning, kept informed about the support your child is getting and involved in reviewing how they are doing in termly SEND reviews.
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology etc…
- Updating the school’s SEND Support register (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that there are excellent records of your child’s progress and needs.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so they can help children with SEND in the school achieve the best progress possible.
Class Teacher is responsible for:
- Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things like targeted work, additional support) and informing the School Sendco as necessary.
- Writing School Focus Plans (SFPs) for pupils with SEND and sharing and reviewing these with parents at least once each term and planning for the next term.
- Ensuring that all staff working with your child in school are helped to deliver the planned work/programme for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources.
- Ensuring that the school’s SEND Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.
Mr. Matthew Harris – Headteacher
Headteacher is responsible for:
- The day to day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the support for children with SEND.
- He gives responsibility to the Sendco and class teachers but is still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- He must make sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEND.
Mr Paul Robson – SEND Governor
SEND Governor is responsible for:
- Making sure that the necessary support is made for any child who attends the school who has SEND.