HOW WILL THE SCHOOL LET ME KNOW IF THEY HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT MY CHILD’S LEARNING IN SCHOOL?
If your child is then identified as not making progress the school and possibly having special educational needs we will set up a meeting to discuss this with you in more detail and to:
- listen to any concerns you may have too
- complete a ‘Registration of Initial Concern’ form with you
- agree actions and run interventions to make and or monitor further progress
- discuss the possibility of placing your child on the Send Support Register in School.
- parents may wish to sign their child onto the School SEND Register. At this point the class teacher may discuss producing an SFP. (School Focus Plan) for your child. The SFP will be reviewed termly in school to make sure we are addressing your child’s SEND needs and enabling him/her to make the best possible progress.
- discuss with you any referrals to outside professionals to support your child’s learning